The following are links to various resources (podcast episodes, Instagram account, books, websites, and organizations) that I regularly refer to working with clients. On the blog is a post specifically about anti-diet culture resources and information. Many of them are eating disorder specific, but also encompass DBT, general mental health, burnout, and other areas of interest. I will try to keep updating this regularly, but this was originally posted in June 2022.
National Organizations – Eating Disorders
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 800-273-8255
National Alliance on Mental Illness (National)
Domestic Violence Help:
- National Domestic Violence Hotline Hours: 24/7. Languages: English, Spanish and 200+ through interpretation service Learn more 800-799-7233
- Virginia Beach: Samaritan House 757-251-0144
- Wilmington, NC: Domestic Violence Shelter and Services 910.343.0703
Substance Abuse & Mental Health:
- Live Another Day – Live Another Day believes in equal access to life-saving mental health and substance use resources. This website provides extensive information on the best resources available.
- The Summit Wellness Group – The Summit Wellness Group also has an excellent guide written and curated by women of color: Over 60 BIPOC resources for addiction and mental health.
Eating Disorder Treatment – Virginia
- Tidewater Region Providers
- Mary Crutchfield, NP with Leva Psychiatry in Virginia Beach, VA – the only non-military ED psychiatry specialist in the Hampton Roads area
- Mary Dye, RD, CEDRD-S with Mary Dye Nutrition and Nutrition Director at Prosperity Eating Disorders and Wellness, a PHP and IOP program with locations in Herndon and Norfolk, VA
- Erin Bulinski, LCSW at Blossom Counseling in Pantops, VA
- Jaclyn Powell Nutrition – Charlottesville, VA
- Center for Discovery
- Veritas Collaborative
- Aster Springs
Mental health Treatment Resources – Virginia
Pasadena Villa – Norfolk, VA Outpatient Mental Health PHP/IOP
Here is my Amazon list of therapy books, which encompasses a lot of different topics.
- Food Psych with Dr. Christy Harrison
- Ed on ED – Dr. Ed Tyson has been a guest on several podcasts about eating disorders and has his own treatment center in Texas as well as serving on the advisory board at Within Health – here is one such episode that I thought was helpful: What People with Eating Disorders Want You To Know
- PeaceMeal – through the Emily Program and Accanto Health
- iWeigh with Jameela Jamil
- Maintenance Phase with Michael Hobbes and Aubrey Gordon
- 10% Happier
For Your Support System:
Parents: Becky Henry
We all use different platforms – I happen to use Instagram the most right now. It is important that the positive messages outweigh (pun intended) the negative ones, so I encourage everyone to revamp their social media with positive messages, updates from loved ones, and cuteness (I like puppies!). If you are also interested in feng shui, travel, books, or design, I am happy to share my recommendations for that stuff as well.
- Celeste Barber (she is just funny)
- Holistic Psychologist
- RO DBT Pride
- Gottman Institute
- Intuitively Eaten
- Delightful News
- ED Recovery
- Notes From Your Therapist
- Mental Health Pathways