All sessions are considered “fee for service” and “out of network” and due at the time of service. Although I do not file insurance claims, I can provide you with the documentation necessary for you to file a claim with your insurance company to request reimbursement. I do not participate in Medicare or Medicaid, nor do I provide Medicare “opt out” letters. I cannot guarantee that reimbursement requests will be approved.
My out-of-network rates are below. I can provide you with a Superbill to submit to your insurance for out-of-network reimbursement depending on your plan. All rates are for virtual therapy services.
|Individual Therapy, 50 min|
Individual Session, 53+ minutes
|Couples/Family Therapy, 50+ min||$175|
|Emergency/After Hours Consultation (per 15 minute increments)||$30|
|Cancellation Fee (< 24 hours notice)||$125|
|Records Request Fee (for up to 20 pages)||$10|
|Consultation with other providers (per 15 minute increments)||$25|
|Supervision – for LCSW candidates (per hour of individual supervision)|
Supervision – for CEDS candidates (per hour of individual supervision)
|Speaking & Presentations – per hour of live presentation (online or in person)Please contact me for information about recorded presentations.||$200|
** for those clients that are seeing me through other platforms (Open Path, ProjectHEAL, Grow Therapy or PATH Mental Health), these fees are dictated by those platforms and I have limited availability using those options. Please see the section below “Alternatives for Payment.”
Session space is limited, and we want to ensure that session times are used wisely and made available to clients in need of our services. Therefore, 24-hour notice of cancellation is required.
Last minute session cancellations and no shows are billed as indicated above. Also note that if requesting reimbursement, cancellation and no-show fees cannot be submitted to insurance. So please come to your appointment!
Health Care Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
Many Health Care Spending Accounts (HSAs) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) can be used to pay for visits with a licensed clinical social worker. I accept HSA/FSA cards with a major credit card logo.
Please bring an alternate form of payment the first time you are using HSA/FSA cards in case there is an issue. A receipt can be provided upon your request for all services.
Cash, check, FSA and credit cards accepted.
Session fees are due at the time of service.
Alternatives for Payment
I accept a limited number of clients through a sliding scale, and work with Open Path Collective and Project HEAL for those services. If you are interested in that option, please contact them directly.
These services require that you set up an account through them. There are limited hours available for these spots, and the companies may refer you to other providers if I do not have availability.
|Update 3/10/23:||Insurances Accepted in VIRGINIA ONLY|
|Grow Therapy (profile and intake link)||Anthem|
|***PATH Mental Health (you can visit my profile and request services through this link: Intake Form) – ***no longer accepting new clients as of 3/10/23***due to change of policy through PATH – current PATH clients will not be affected.|
All clients that are being seen via tele-health and are outside of Virginia must be self-pay, so please do not use these services but contact me directly.
Submitting Claims to Insurance for Out-of-Network Reimbursement
If you have health insurance, you might have “out of network” benefits that could cover a part of your in-office appointment fees. Some plans cover therapy and others do not. Some plans will also cover telemedicine sessions, whereas others will not. Contact your insurance company directly to determine if your insurance company will reimburse you for all or part of the cost of appointments. I will provide you with the medical superbill when requested. You can then submit this superbill form to your insurance company for reimbursement.
Questions to Ask Your Insurance Company:
- Do I have out-of-network benefits to see an LCSW?
- Provide the following CPT codes to your insurance company representative:
- CPT 90791 – Intake/Diagnostic Evaluation
- CPT 90834 – Individual Therapy 38-52 minutes
- CPT 90837 – Individual Therapy 53-60 minutes
- CPT 90847 – Family/Couples Therapy
- What percentage do you cover?
- Is preauthorization required in order to submit an out-of-network claim?
- What is the deductible, and how much of the deductible have I met?
- How many sessions are covered and within what time period?
- What forms do I need to submit to qualify for reimbursement?
- Are virtual sessions covered in the same ways as in person sessions?
Good Faith Estimate Notice:
- You have the right to receive a “Good Faith Estimate” explaining how much your medical and mental health care will cost.
- Under the law, health care providers need to give patients who don’t have insurance or who are not using insurance an estimate of the expected charges for services.
- You have the right to receive a Good Faith Estimate for the total expected cost of any non-emergency healthcare services.
- You can ask your healthcare provider, and any other provider you choose, for a Good Faith Estimate before you schedule a service.
- If you receive a bill that is at least $400 more than your Good Faith Estimate, you can dispute the bill. Make sure to save a copy or picture of your Good Faith Estimate.
- For questions or more information about your right to a Good Faith Estimate, visit www.cms.gov/nosurprises or call 800-985-3059.