Some people love to travel – I am one of them
Vacations mean many things to many people. I know a lot of people who want to spend the time relaxing on a beach or immersed in an activity (like skiing or camping), ones who want to go to a spa or a city or on a cruise. Some people like a staycation. I like all of them, though not really equally.
I recently went on a trip that had been delayed because of COVID, and I will share some of my photos and highlights from the trip soon. Here is a brief list of the things I have learned over the years:
- Pick your travel companions wisely
- Be open to new experiences
- Stay mindful as much as possible
- Do things you enjoy – and some things your companions like also!
- If you are not sure you will need it, don’t bring it (other than a raincoat)
- Buy the souvenir that you like, not the one you think someone else will
- Take a lot of pictures!
I have heard a lot of people say that they need vacations from their vacations – if that is the case, you might want to rethink that! What is actually a vacation to you?
There is lots of info out there about why travel is good for mental health! They make you healthier & happier, reduce stress, help you connect with people, and increase your resilience among other things! Even traveling alone!
More about my recent travels coming soon!
If you are interested in virtual therapy, please contact me!